Russia Claims Faster Gains in Ukraine, Says Monthly Advances Have Doubled

Russia Claims Faster Gains in Ukraine, Says Monthly Advances Have Doubled

Moscow: Russia’s Defence Minister Andrei Belousov has claimed that Moscow’s troops have significantly accelerated their territorial gains in Ukraine, nearly doubling the pace of advances compared to earlier this year. Speaking at a military briefing on Friday, Belousov asserted that Russian forces are now securing between 600 and 700 square kilometers each month, up from the 300 to 400 square kilometers previously reported.

The minister attributed this surge to a series of massive strikes on Ukraine’s military-industrial network, which he said had crippled Kyiv’s capacity to replenish equipment and sustain long-term operations. According to Belousov, Russia carried out 35 large-scale strikes targeting 146 critical sites, including production facilities, logistics hubs, and long-range drone launch sites. He claimed that as much as 62 percent of Ukraine’s military-industrial complex has been affected by these operations.

Belousov also revealed that despite Russia’s battlefield successes, its forces had encountered operational challenges, particularly in the areas of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) operations and ground unit mobility. To mitigate these weaknesses, Moscow has turned to lighter and faster transport systems, deploying more than 22,700 motorcycles, quad bikes, and buggies to the frontlines. An additional 12,000-plus units are expected to be delivered before the end of the year, underscoring Russia’s emphasis on speed and tactical flexibility in its campaigns.

The Defence Minister suggested that these new measures were already improving maneuverability across contested zones, giving Russian units the ability to strike quickly and retreat before Ukrainian counterfire. He emphasized that enhancing mobility and maintaining momentum will be key to sustaining advances in the months ahead.

However, the claims made by Moscow have not been independently verified. Reuters, which first reported on the briefing, noted that independent assessment of battlefield conditions remains difficult due to restricted access and ongoing combat. Kyiv has yet to issue an immediate response to Belousov’s remarks, but Ukrainian officials have consistently rejected Moscow’s territorial claims as exaggerated propaganda aimed at boosting domestic morale and projecting strength internationally.

Western analysts caution that while Russia may be gaining ground, the war remains highly attritional. With Ukraine continuing to rely heavily on Western aid and weapon supplies, the longer-term trajectory of the conflict will depend on both Kyiv’s resilience and sustained international support. For now, Russia appears determined to showcase momentum, framing its operations as increasingly decisive.


Follow the CNewsLive English Readers channel on WhatsApp:
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Vaz4fX77oQhU1lSymM1w

The comments posted here are not from Cnews Live. Kindly refrain from using derogatory, personal, or obscene words in your comments.